Thursday, March 24, 2011

Working through some things...

Well, I believe this blog will be less about the weight loss and more about "STUFF." For those who follow, for the weight loss - it is stuck at 25 to 26. I am going to step it up a notch this upcoming week. Michael and I are going to start playing tennis and working out quite a bit. On to the stuff...
1. My little kitchen Herb garden is so exciting for me. It sprouts so quick, and that gives me such joy. I have read some Urban gardening books and blogs. Soon, I will be growing carrots in buckets, and tomatoes, etc. So much you can grow in tight spaces. And one day, when I have a big ol' backyard - I will have fruit trees, and veggies galore. But, reading about gardening, and my little window garden has helped me work through a lot of unexplainable feelings I have been experiencing.

2. My job, is one that I love intensely. Reading is my passion, and to constantly be surrounded by all types of books, it's heaven. But - with the BK and the more store closures, I just start to feel so bad for those who are losing their jobs. These people feel the same way I do. And technology is killing books. I have an E-Reader, but you better believe that it will in NO WAY replace my literature. The smell of a new book, the feel of a passed down, LOVED book - that just cannot be replaced with a file.

3. My little (or big) family of FIVE is my main focus. They are my everything. I have not had the most PICTURE PERFECT upbringing. My family was (is) not an emotional one. There were not hugs, parties or an abundance of "I LOVE YOU's." Well, in MY family - there is not a single day where a hug, kiss and an I LOVE YOU, is not exchanged. I believe that is what I have been missing. Do not get me wrong, my mom and dad love me, and I know this. It is just not the expressive type of emotion that I desire. My kids have notes in their lunch, and so does my hubby. They mean EVERYTHING to me. They are the reason I want to be healthier. I saw on the news today, a lady in Ohio (born in Mississippi) is celebrating her 119th birthday. That is amazing! Her Grandson is 60-something. I don't want to miss anything on behalf of poor choices that could have been avoided.

My kids are each other's best friends, and I am happily married to mine. :) (Cheesy, YES!)

4. Friends are important. BUT, something I have learned today - a friendship is NOT one-sided. I have seen SO many people walk out of my life because when my full effort was not being put forward, it wasn't worth it to them. I want you to know that people who I didn't expect to be so supportive, are. And those that I thought would be around FOREVER - aren't. Beckie and I stood (and are still standing) the test of BFF time. Her and I live a Bazillion miles away, and she is the BEST friend, sister, and godmother to my kids. NOTHING will hinder our friendship for each other. I love her to pieces. My family (Sarah, Lisa, Aunt Dawn) who constantly stay in touch. They are the ones who give me faith in the idea of family. And my new Mississippi family (Judy, Starlette, Stephanie, Samantha, Poppy,etc) these people have offered more of a helping hand and listening ear than anyone else that I know. I will say, that I have some Facebook friends who are my FAVORITE. Denice and Andrea are so motivating and positive, I feel blessed to know them, and call them friends. It is people like this that make the world a better place.

5. I know this has been a MUSHY GUSHY blog, but I am a truly blessed person, and I want it to be known that I am grateful. I am taking the time to admire the moon, smell the freshly cut grass, and love like I have never been hurt before. So, until next time - thank you for everything. I continue to strive to be a positive influence on my children, and on the rest of the people I encounter.


1 comment:

  1. I just about cried to see my name in there :) I love reading your blog! I loved reading this one so much because with my new little one- this is SO much how I feel! Even down to the fact that you cant replace the smell (and I LOVE the you understand loving the smell) of a book, and the joy of being married to your best friend. Love, love, love it all and love YOU!

    ReplyDelete