Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Slacker...

April sure was my month... My month to slack. :) Even so, my slacking was NOTHING like it used to be. I still lost a pound after not counting AT ALL. I kind of had no desire to. I know that sounds bad, but I think it is good that I want to admit that. I didn't gain any weight and that means I have made that necessary life change in how I eat. And that makes me more proud than the over 30 pounds I have managed to lose since February.

But, now it's on to my final goal of 150. I have a whole 18 pounds left to lose, and I do not feel discouraged at all because my finishing date is August 6th, 2011. So now, its on to finding more workouts that make me feel as good as the Fat Belly Workout. Maybe even look into a gym. Michael is talking about playing tennis with me. And that would make me ONE HAPPY CAMPER.

My kitchen garden is doing good. The superstars happen to be my tomatoes. And I am shocked at that. My herbs I am going to have to replant. I don't think they like their pot. LOL! But, my little garden still makes me as happy as it did on DAY ONE.
 


Overall, April has been a GREAT month. April has been all about cooking for me. Packing the guys in my life (Michael and Malakai) healthy lunches, and making it important for them to look at their choices. While working at a bookstore, I find myself in the diet and health section often. I will NEVER understand some of the diets out there. Here are some of my thoughts of a few:

THE MASTER CLEANSE(lemonade diet) - pure insanity. Lemon, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. And that is it! A minimum of 10 days. I watched a lady do that for 40 days, and she lost all this week and she was all excited. Seriously? Did you think you wouldn't? 1200 calories of nasty lemonade with a side of a daily laxative. (Or a quart of warm salt water) And it's HEALTHY too. Sounds nutty to me!

17 Day Diet - Sounds awesome, huh? Too bad - after you get the book and wait until 17 days before that thing you need to be "skinny" for to open the book, to find that it is 3 sets of 17. Sucks to be you! LOL

Look, if it works for you and it makes you happy, then by all means: KNOCK yourself out. But, it is really about a lifestyle change. You don't a magic pill or to remove all  but lemonade from your diet. Try thinking about healthier choices, smaller portions and GET OFF YOUR BUTT. 
These are my 3 reasons for some SERIOUS lifestyle changes... You just gotta find your reasons, and RUN WITH IT. Til next time...


1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!! This post makes me so happy- this is how I feel about weight loss as well, and crazy diets. They might work for the moment- but how fast is all that weight going to come back on? Without making a lifestyle change your not doing what you need too.

    ReplyDelete