Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The start...

I don't diet. This is not something that I do. For those who know (and love me) - know that I am a picky, picky person. But, one thing is true - I LOVE FOOD! With that being said, I have birthed 3 kids in the last 5 years or so, and do not have the same girlish figure that I once maintained. (Laugh out loud)  I have never had that figure, nor have I cared much. This blog is not about my ability to diet without dieting, but I am sure this will be a topic for quite some time. :)

I started counting points last week, and it has been interesting to say the least. I am trying to get myself into a different mind frame when it comes to eating. I still want to enjoy it as much as I always have. But, I want to enjoy it and get back into my San Diego jeans.

Having lived in Mississippi, I only still own 1 pair of jeans that I owned while living in San Diego. Why I held on to these - I will never understand. Mississippi is the home of "We will fry ANYTHING just to fry it." And here I am holding on to some jeans that once occupied me, before I was occupied by 3 children. So, welcome to my journey. My starting weight will be referred to as "X" And so far, one week into this I am X minus 5. So that is my motivation. It can be done, and it will be done.

As for my process, it is mainly based off a WW point system. I am a numbers person, and being able to plug nutritional facts into my phone and count - is easy. I don't have time to meet with a group or join a gym. I have 3 kids. I have a job which requires me to be constantly moving, and my Hubbs and I are going to start working out.

I say I am not dieting because this is a lifestyle change for me. I will not feel guilty if I want cupcakes, which I love. I will just use portion control and common sense to help me reach my goals. And set an example for my kids.

On another note, I am enjoying the Hungry Girl cookbooks and the amazing ideas she comes up with. I have a supportive group of friends/co-workers who are all laughing inside because I am the SNACK QUEEN. And it's OK, I am laughing too! But, I am going to laugh my way back into those jeans. Off to make dinner... Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you are going through!! Been there- right before I got pregnant! Weight watchers is the BEST way to go! I had hamburgers, and mexican food and dessert EVERY NIGHT, just done the HEALTHY way. It really makes you dedicated to LOVING the food that you gotta and wanna love but doing it in a way that is good for you AND the jeans :) You can totally do it and I am going to read every post you write because give me two months, and I am going to be RIGHT back there trying to work out at home, doing weight watchers on line etc. Being healthy and loving the old skinny jeans we used to wear. Don't give up food you love- you don't have too!

    (Ps- make brownies with egg substitute instead of real eggs, and plain applesauce instead of oil... tastes BETTER than normal brownies and is TWICE as healthy. Ooey, gooey, chewy brownies. So yum.)

    ReplyDelete